Flavory, delicious, spreadable, good alone or with friends, accompanied or not, hummus is one of my favourites recipes for aperitifs (or when I am alone at home I literally dine only hummus until I cannot move). It is proven that 99.9% of people like hummus and those who don’t, have never tried it before (FYI this is a made-up fact that I truly believe in).
My mother in law shared with me this magic recipe and I am so grateful for it, she literally made this in front of me in 5.3 seconds and I wanted to die for not knowing this before. I have always loved Hummus and never tought of doing it myself!!! Why?!?!? Not sure, I guess I thought it was something only very complicated restaurants could do…. and was not under my reach… that I could only taste this delicious dip every once in a while in a Lebanese restaurant or in a tapas bar with a cheaper version of it…
Well, mucho (a lot) bla bla bla y poco (few) do do do right? Here is the recipe:
For 2-3 aperos with friends or 2 full dinners (If you are me)
- 1 large pot of chickpeas – aprox 500 grms
- 100ml of Olive Oil
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves – This is up to you, with two it is really strong and one is not enough.
- Juice of half a lemon or 2 table spoons of juice.
- 1-3 Tablespoons of Sesame oil
- Salt if needed
- Cucumber or Carrots
- Tortilla Chips (I found these Organic ones at Coop (Switzerland) and they are amazing!!)
- Anything really
- A mixing robot, I have a Magimix that works wonders
- A spatula to take everything out of the robot and lick it after you finish.
- 1-2 cute little pots to serve the Hummus
- Start by draining the chickpeas in a chinois and putting the directly in the mixer.
- Press one garlic clove (I would wait to do the second one since it is not good when it is so strong.)
3. Add the olive oil
4. Press the lemon and add it
5. Mix until everything is blend together
6. TASTE IT 🙂 and check if you need to add salt, lemon or another garlic clove.
7. Mix again if needed
8. Add one table spoon of Sesame Oil – This gives an almond taste.
9. Serve it in small bowls together with cucumber or carrot sticks and tortilla chips.
10. Eat as much as you can
I hope you liked this humus recipe!
© Copyright Livingeneva. Unless otherwise stated, all content, text and photos on this website are work of Livingeneva and may not be reproduced or copied in any form without authorization.