Have you ever imagined sleeping in an igloo? How cool is that?! Now imagine this igloo is actually a luxurious pod in the middle of the Swiss mountains with everything you need: shower, heating, comfy bed, etc.
As you might have seen on my Instagram we went to the WhitePod.com hotel last month to celebrate a friend’s birthday; and I could not resist filming and documenting our stay to share it with you!! Now that I started these Hotel Vlogs it is hard not to do it anymore…. there is something about making small movies & clips that it super exciting!!
Hotel Vlog. WhitePod Hotel in Switzerland:
The video is quite self explanatory, but I would like to talk more about the Pod itself.
We had the chance to stay in a DELUXE pod, which includes more things than the basic one. The size is the same, however it has more amenities and services:
- King size bed
- Adult bed in the mezzanine
- Breakfast in the pod
- Satelite TV with Apple TV
- Nesspresso machine
- Complementary mini bar
Here are some picture inside the DELUXE pod.
There is also the Cosy pod & Family pod. All of them have the same size, but they have different configurations.
All stays include a “tea time” in the Pod House, which is like a huge chalet in the middle of the pods, where you also have the breakfast.
WhitePod in 6 Points
- Category: Not sure it’s star rated – I would give the Deluxe Pod a 5* & the Cosy a 4*. Also it has the Eco Luxury label.
- Rooms (PODS): 15 Pods, including the Cosy, Family & Deluxe.
- Venues: The Pod-House with sauna & massage area & The Chalet Les Cerniers which hosts the reception area, the restaurant and which is located next to the parking.
- Activities/ Atmosphere: Depends on the season, you can ski during winter & go hiking during summer. Nature, surrounded by astonishing views. Family and couples friendly. You are isolated from the other pods, so you will not be disturbed.
- Price: Deluxe pod 850 CHF per night / Cosy 590 CHF per night.
- LivinGeneva’s Tips: If you can afford the extra $$ go for the Deluxe pod it’s lovely!
How to get there?
The best and easiest way is by car. There is a parking space there!