Flavory, delicious, spreadable, good alone or with friends, accompanied or not, hummus is one of my favourites recipes for aperitifs (or when I am alone at home I literally dine only hummus until I cannot move). It is proven that 99.9% of people like hummus and those who don’t, have never tried it before (FYI this is a made-up fact that I truly believe in).
My mother in law shared with me this magic recipe and I am so grateful for it, she literally made this in front of me in 5.3 seconds and I wanted to die for not knowing this before. I have always loved Hummus and never tought of doing it myself!!! Why?!?!? Not sure, I guess I thought it was something only very complicated restaurants could do…. and was not under my reach… that I could only taste this delicious dip every once in a while in a Lebanese restaurant or in a tapas bar with a cheaper version of it…
Well, mucho (a lot) bla bla bla y poco (few) do do do right? Here is the recipe:
For 2-3 aperos with friends or 2 full dinners (If you are me)
- 1 large pot of chickpeas – aprox 500 grms
- 100ml of Olive Oil
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves – This is up to you, with two it is really strong and one is not enough.
- Juice of half a lemon or 2 table spoons of juice.
- 1-3 Tablespoons of Sesame oil
- Salt if needed
- Cucumber or Carrots
- Tortilla Chips (I found these Organic ones at Coop (Switzerland) and they are amazing!!)
- Anything really
- A mixing robot, I have a Magimix that works wonders
- A spatula to take everything out of the robot and lick it after you finish.
- 1-2 cute little pots to serve the Hummus
- Start by draining the chickpeas in a chinois and putting the directly in the mixer.
- Press one garlic clove (I would wait to do the second one since it is not good when it is so strong.)
- Add the olive oil
- Press the lemon and add it
- Mix until everything is blend together
- TASTE IT 🙂 and check if you need to add salt, lemon or another garlic clove.
- Mix again if needed
- Add one table spoon of Sesame Oil – This gives an almond taste.
- Serve it in small bowls together with cucumber or carrot sticks and tortilla chips
- Eat as much as you can
I hope you liked this humus recipe!