This time we decided to leave Geneva for a Gastronomical Adventure, we landed in Bern in the loveliest restaurant called Waldheim.
We were warmly welcomed by the lady in charge of the establishment and were immediately delighted by the cozy & familiar feeling inside. The decor is warm, full of fresh flowers, white tablecloths and tons of candles; cozy -romantic.
We were surprised to find the menu on German only… oops Ich spreche kein Deutsch! Lucky for us the waitress was a sweetie and translated everything to French so we could choose our dinner.
Here is what we had:
As starter I had a Safran soup with mini raviolis inside & Emmanuel had a salad with prune, wild pork jam & a caramelised nut’s toast.
Waldheim Bern in 6 points:
- Food: Traditional cuisine with strong emphasis on flavour & spices
- Concept: A-la-carte with also a menu to choose from.
- Atmosphere: Cozy – romantic, fine dinning
- Prices: Including beverages aprox 100 CHF per person
- Location: A little outside the city center of Bern, but not more than 10 min by taxi.
- LivinGeneva tips: Stay the night in Bern to enjoy the city the day after!
I would totally recommend this restaurant for anyone going to Bern and appreciate good food, in a nice environment. The restaurant has been nominated for this year’s Best of Swiss Gastro awards! We wish them the best of luck!
If you want to have more information about the restaurant go to local.ch for the details!
Thank you local.ch for the invitation to a restaurant of my choice, it was an amazing gastronomical experience!
Enjoy the rest of the pictures!