Here in Geneva the heat wave is coming and it is here to stay; to surpass these warmer days and avoid drinking alcoholic drinks (on a Monday) or just plain-boring-water there are fun drinks you can do at the comfort of your house. We just received a mint plant so I was very exited to try something with mint, I started looking for several recipes of Mint Lemonade and choose the one with the perfect balance of sweet, lemon and mint; see below ↓
What you need:
- Measuring cup or balance
- Wood spoon
- 6 lemons – medium size – 200ml of lemon juice needed
- 1/4 cup of sugar or 70 grm sugar
- 1 lt of sparkling or still water
- 5 grm of mint leaves
- Ice-cubes (tons)
- 1-2 Strawberries for decoration (optional)
- Start by adding the sugar and 50ml of water in the saucepan in medium heat.Mix until the sugar was diluted completely in the water. You will have transparent thick liquid. Leave aside to cool down.
- Cut you lemons in half and press the juice until you have approximately 200ml of fresh pressed lemon juice. Leave one half to make lemon slices to decorate the glasses and garnish.
- Cut all the mint in julienne and leave some leaves for garnish.
- Once your syrup has cooled down, add in a big pitcher the mint, ice cubes, syrup, lemon and fill in the rest with still or sparkling water (both are awesome!)
- Serve with additional ice cubes and garnish with a lemon slice or a strawberry!
- Enjoy this summer!!