CAFÉS & TEA ROOMS
HOTELS IN GENEVA
HOTELS IN SWITZERLAND
WEEKENDS IN SWITZERLAND
Now that the cold has officially arrived, I am ready to share with you one of my favorite ways to eat melted cheese!
Mont d’Or is a French cheese with an AOC* since 1981 in the region of Jura (very close to Geneva) it is often called “the holy grail of raw milk cheeses”!!!!
Here is my personal recipe for a Mont’Or:
1. Pre-heat you oven to 200°C or 392°F
2. Cover the base of the cheese with aluminum paper to avoid spills
3. Make some incisions in the cheese to let the wine get through and give flavor to it.
4. Add the white wine or champagne.
5. Cut some garlic in slices and insert it into the incisions you made before.
6. Wash you potatoes and put them inside an pot with cold water and bring to boil.
TIP: After boiling, potatoes are usually ready after 20min.
7. Put you cheese in the oven and leave it there for 30-40min (It has to be super melted!!!!)
8. Serve: Cut the potatoes in you plate, and with a spoon serve the melted Mont d’Or on top!!
*AOC- In French it is Appellation d’Origine Contrôlé. Meaning that in order to be called Mont d’Or, it has to follow certain processes and be produced in a certain area.
Is a Geneva based blogger and traveller
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
COLLABORATIONS & ADS