I hardly ever go to Lausanne, and it is a pity really! It is truly a lovely city and the lake views are just awesome (and very different than Geneva!), so when I received the invitation to participate to The Color Run in Lausanne I say “Why Not?!”.
With more than 14,000 participants, hubby and I decided to get into this new experience!
The Color Run in 6 points:
- Timings: There were departures all along the morning from 9h to 11h – people are there to have fun!
- Concept: Run or Walk 5 KM and each KM you have people sending your color starched power – objective: end-up full of color!!
- Atmosphere: Fun, family, relaxed. There is no competition, they do not calculate your time or anything it is all for the fun!
- Prices: 35 CHF
- Location: Lausanne: Magnificent with stunning lake views and trees all along the race… beautiful!
- LivinGeneva tips: Do not open your mouth when you pass the Color Km…. bad idea.. experience talking.
What happens during the Color Run?
Well every KM you get covered in a different color. The first one was Blue, then Orange, after Yellow, following by purple & at the end …. well your medal!!!!!
People are mostly walking actively, but there is not a competitive environment, it is more a happy moment.
What I loved?
The atmosphere of fun, careless , family people all around
What I hated?
The taste of the powder! Do close your mouth when they throw the color at you! LOL
I hope you liked it!!!!