I really wanted to share another DIY project, this time Halloween is just around the corner and pumpkins are growing everywhere around us!
I collected my 4 favorite ideas to use them as decorations or cook them in a delicious recipe!
1.- Sharpie Owl Pumpkins
By Lil Blue Boo
I was surfing for new Pumpkin DIY ideas and I stumble with this amazing idea of Mexican Art Owl Pumpkins. It is simple, yet original and beautiful. I really liked that you do not have the messy part of the carving and still have the seasonal decoration spirit! Brilliant! Thank you for the idea Ashley!
Full instructions here
2.- Painted Pumpkin City
This is also a very original idea that we do not see everywhere. This pumpkin city is easy to to and can be used as a scenery for other decorating guests this Halloween season!
Full instructions here
3.- Traditional Carved Pumpkins
It is hard to leave behind the traditional carved pumpkins! The best 13 Ideas for carved pumpkins here
4.- Simple and delicious Pumpkin Soup
As soon as the first pumpkin makes it to the super market I love to do 10 liters of pumpkin soup! Here is my SUPER EASY recipe and useful tips:
- Pumpkin (as much as you want)
- Salt & Pepper
- Pumpkin seed oil (I use this when I serve the soup it gives it an extra taste)
- Liquid cream (Optional)
- Turn your oven to 200°C (392°F) and go and check livingeneva’s newest articles jijiji
- Clean your pumpkin and cut it into big quarters and remove all the seeds inside
- Put your sliced pumpkin into the oven (no need to peel it)
- Once the outside is dark and brownish take it out and let it cool (This is my useful tip to remove the skin, the easy way!)
- Cut the pumpkin into big cubes and put them all in your pot
- Add water until everything is covered
- Cover and add maximum heat
- After 15min check frequently the cooking, it depends a lot on how much time it was in the oven. If you are able to put a knife through and it feels like butter you are done!
- Let it cool and then spice a little bit according to your taste (salt, pepper, ginger… it is your choice!)
- Serve warm and add a little bit of cream and pumpkin seed oil to it. I bought mine at Globus it is amazing!
PS- Useful link on HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF A CARVED PUMPKIN!